<< 纸牌屋 第2季 第02集>>
-
1. You'll still feel the hate in the morning.
早晨的时候 恨意也不会消退。
-
2. You'll use that. But not on him.
你会利用那份恨意 但不是去报复他。
-
3. What did you communicate, exactly?
你到底说了什么。
-
4. I told him to bring up the agenda,suggest bullet points for the SED, but make no demands.
我让他提起议事日程的事,指出战略对话的关键点 但别提要求。
-
5. And how did that translate into a direct ultimatum?
那怎么会被理解成最后通牒。
-
6. Well, sometimes my delegates try to read between the lines.
有时我的代表会探究言外之意。
-
7. They know that I need plausible deniability for diplomatic purposes.
他们知道我为外交目的需要合理推卸责任。
-
8. Why didn't you immediately recant?
那你为什么没有立刻否认。
-
9. In my experience with the Chinese,backpedaling makes us look weak.
就我跟中国人打交道的经验看,变卦会让他们觉得我们软弱。
-
10. I had two choices: Lose face or exhibit strength.
我当时有两个选择 丢脸或展示实力。