<< 风骚律师 第2季 第05集>>
-
1. I was away at college when he put Jimmy to work there.
他让吉米在店里干活儿的时候我在外面上大学。
-
2. Jimmy grew up in that store, watching our father.
吉米从小就在店里 看着爸爸长大。
-
3. But dad was not the world's greatest businessman,and eventually, he ran into money troubles.
但我爸不善经营,最终资金周转不灵。
-
4. I, um, had a clerkship at the time,but I came home to help him get his books in order,set the ship straight.
那时候我在当法庭书记员,但我还是回家去帮他理清账目,解决问题。
-
5. Now, I'm no accountant,but I discovered $14,000 was just gone.
我不是会计,可我还是发现少了一万四千块。
-
6. Vanished over the years.
就在这些年里无缘无故消失了。
-
7. Turns out Jimmy had pilfered it in dribs and drabs --
结果是吉米陆陆续续偷的。
-
8. just took it out of the till.
直接从收银台拿的。
-
9. My dad wouldn't hear it.
我爸听不进去。
-
10. Nope. Not his Jimmy.
不可能 不是他的吉米干的。